Greetings from Argentina!

Brushpup said:
Yea, you can't depend on those strips, even when they are fresh, especially multi-analyte types.

Thanks a lot, that is good to know!

Brushpup said:
Also, make sure you understand that FC has to be in proportion to what the Cya level in your is at. I can't say enough how much I like the pool, the addition of windows is so cool, but I love the overall design with so much negative edge. What prompted you to design and build it in such a way?

Thanks!! It took us hours of thinking!! :)

Since we live in a hill, we wanted to take advantage of the fact that the pool's wall are over the ground on one side. But it took me for ever to seal the windows! I tried 7 times in total... you know some people do sports for fun, I put windows :).

The infinite border was a last minute addition: Originally we planned to build a wooden deck on top of the room that is downstairs (where we do "asados"), but I discover the infinite borders, and I wanted to build one!, so my wife and I decided not to do the deck, and put a 1' layer of water on top of that room (which is: ~40m2 = 430 sq ft), which is also great for kids. And we build the inf. border on 2 sides of that space. I designed a 1000L (~340gal) catch basin, but after it was built in had ~150gal volume... which is not enough. This year I added a 1000L (340gal) tank at the end of the basin, and I is kind of working now (Im attaching at picture of the tank).

Thanks a lot for your comments :)

Attachments

• IMG_5226.JPG
    IMG_5226.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5197.JPG
    IMG_5197.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 31
Ahhhh, yet another use for a "one way" chemical tote! These are used extensively in my business and we use them on a near daily basis for our customers, as many of our products are transported in them. Thanks for sharing the extra pictures. I've really enjoyed seeing this unusual pool. Hopefully the tote will provide you with enough additional volume. If not, do you have room for another?

I have a question how much did it cost to build your swimming pool's giant viewing windows such as did you build them your self?"

I'm right now looking in to the idea of building a large natural swimming pool or a large fish tank that will be both a swimming pool and a fish tank for my group of pet fish. Such as right now I'm looking at where I would it at in my house and the price of adding large viewing windows imbedded in cement to the side of the swimming pool.