spool20

Jun 8, 2021
Las Vegas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everybody. I live in Las Vegas as the title states.

I bought a house back in October and it has an in ground pool which is a first for me. I've had a couple above ground pools before.

I'm married and have a 2 year old daughter. My daughter loves to be in the pool which the primary reason I moved onto a place with a nicer pool. She's been in swimming lessons for about a year now and can almost swim on her own while wearing her floaty!

Attached is a pic of the pool.

Attachments

• IMG_20210102_140705924.jpg
    IMG_20210102_140705924.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to TFP! :wave: My original homes sweet home. :)

Reactions: spool20
Hey Spool and Welcome !! Get yourself one of these. They are super comfy for the kids so they’re more apt to wear then. Even after she can fully swim, she will tire quickly and have much more desire than stamina to keep going. Matter of fact, pick up a few cuz it’s only a matter of time until her friends are coming over and they may/may not be as good swimmers. I ended up keeping a small/Med/Large around at all times because I never knew who would show up next time and where their skill level was. If I had them I didn’t have to worry about the parents having the foresight to bring them. Anywho check these out. :)

Newdude, that's the floaty type she has! She has two actually. I'll have to order a couple more for visitors. Great recommendation. We tried several other things but they weren't good. One seemed to actually be more dangerous than nothing as it would flip her upside down and not let her get her legs under herself.

One end of the pool has a flat area about knee deep she used to hang out on but now she kind of kicks herself around from person to person in the pool with the float thing.

Reactions: Newdude
Hi neighbor, Welcome to TFP! This site has a wealth of information on maintaining our pools. I have one caveat, you’ll get hooked and spend an inordinate amount of time reading and learning. It is all good, though.

Nice pool.

Also, It’s early now but for future consideration, the floatys got replaced with S/M/L life vests. A 9 year old friend will look you dead in the eyes and say she can swim. Only to struggle 5 or 100 mins later upon tiring. If I had them already, I had them when the need arose. :)

Hi neighbor, Welcome to TFP! This site has a wealth of information on maintaining our pools. I have one caveat, you’ll get hooked and spend an inordinate amount of time reading and learning. It is all good, though.

Nice pool.
That's what I'm hoping. :)

I'm doing well with my regular maintenance so far but I want to learn to be better at it. Plus I've got some repairs planned for this fall and want to learn as much as possible before making any final decisions and spending any money.