Green Yucky Mess Tadpole Paradise

Renee C said:
Good Morning,
I have been shocking the mess out of this pool! I can vaguely see the little airplane on the bottom that my little guy threw in the other day. :) I'm leaving it there as a reference point :) I have not gotten my additional chlorine test kit in the mail yet so I am still using my K-2005 the reading this morning is very high it is reading higher than a 5 on the chlorine. So I am not adding bleach this morning. What should I do about this? I stabilized the pool on Tuesday so can I backwash today or is it still too soon. Thanks in advance. :)
For now while you are waiting you can try diluting the pool water with distilled water (1 part pool water and 2 parts distilled water) and re-testing the chlorine, it isn't very accurate but it may help you keep the processes close to on track for now...

Sent via Tapatalk...

determine first what type of stain it is--metal or organic.

Organic stains will lighten if you hold a puck on them for a minute or two.

Metal stains will lighten if you crush up some vitamin C tablets, put them in a sock and hold it on the stain for a minute or two.

Is it ok to treat the metal stains right now while I'm in the shock process? I read that you have to bring the chlorine down to zero, is that good when I'm trying to clean up the green? TIA

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am writing to thank you all for your help. We have been swimming in a clear pool for one week! YAY!!! I will post pics as soon as I figure out how to do that. Thanks a bunch for all your help. :) I'm going to research how to properly close your pool so that I don't have to waste a month cleaning it again. This site is amazing!