Intex Krystal Clear
FC 4
TA 50
CYA 70
Salt 3200
CH 20
pH 7.4

This is a new one for me.
Haven’t used pool in a week. Husband took cover off today to vaccume and water was clear. As soon as he started to vacuum it turned green. My levels look good so not sure what the issue is?

Attachments

• 895E6B2F-B51C-4C18-8B3C-8521DF61E1A4.jpeg
    895E6B2F-B51C-4C18-8B3C-8521DF61E1A4.jpeg
    312.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I added 128 oz of chlorine an hour ago to bring it to SLAM level. The pool was green but all other results were good so I thought I should try slamming. I just checked the FC level an hour after adding the recommended chlorine and that is where the 22 came from. Prior to the chlorine addition my FC was 4, not 40, that is a typo

So it was green before you added the chlorine?
Yes, it was clear, then we vacuumed and it instantly turned green. That’s when I checked the levels and saw they were okay but since it turned green thought I should slam? So I used my pool math app to find appropriate chlorine addition

FC dropped from 22 last night to 19 this morning. Water was clear, then I vacuumed and it got cloudy with a super light green tint. I am continuing the SLAM this morning and bringing the FC to 28 (as recommended through the app). Still CC is 0. So I just keep SLAM until the ONLT passes? Never had algae before, this is new 😔

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.