Green swamp

did you swim in it? rainfall? I mean - it's a concern but I'd see how next days would look like before doing anything about it. If it was single event CC will drop to 0, your FC slightly dip and that's it. If you still have algae then you'll notice it by accelerated FC loss and constant non 0 CC.

I apologize for the delay in posting, but we've been busy SWIMMING! We enjoyed our first swim with our family on Saturday. I think the low CC before was a result of rainfall that morning. Yesterday, the CC was back to 0. We have had to add a little more CYA to bring it up from 20 to 30 and have been maintaining the FC faithfully by checking it at least 2 times per day. We have been swimming nearly everyday, so we've been vigilant with making sure everything stays where it should. I can't thank all of you enough! I'll keep you posted, as I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future. :)

Hello again! Below are two pictures that I snapped on Tuesday while we were out enjoying our crystal clear pool. Your help and guidance have been invaluable. We have worked to maintain the FC everyday at a level 4 (we have achieved CYA of 30 and are checking it every weekend). So far, I have noticed that after swimming in it, the FC drops to about a 1, but on days when we do not swim it usually only drops down to a 2. We have also added muriatic acid a few times this week to bring down the Ph. We are continuing to be vigilant with this testing so that we don't fall back down the slippery slope to green swampland. Thank you again!

So happy that it cleared up! Might I suggest that you try to maintain a little higher on the FC? You really don't want to EVER drop below the minimum. No harm in targeting a little higher as long as your overall loss never lets you drop below the minimum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.