Green pool

CYA does not come down (generally) unless you've had water replacement...drain and fill or significant rain can only help dilute your current levels. The only other way CYA comes down is that sometimes over the winter it can convert to ammonia...but were not dealing with that here.

Due to being on a well can I lowere the water a little nit a day and replace it? Also how many gallons of bleach do I need to clear up the water?
dmanb2b said:
CYA does not come down (generally) unless you've had water replacement...drain and fill or significant rain can only help dilute your current levels. The only other way CYA comes down is that sometimes over the winter it can convert to ammonia...but were not dealing with that here.

donnah said:
Due to being on a well can I lower the water a little bit a day and replace it? Also how many gallons of bleach do I need to clear up the water?
Went and brought a good test kit my cya is 85ppm. cl is 3 ,ph is fine. Replaced sand in filter (gross). I still have light green cloudy water.
dmanb2b said:

IF your CYA is 85, you need to shock to 35.

I'm gonna assume your current FC level is 0 and advise you to add 6 large jugs (182oz) of 6% bleach. Pour slowly, so as not to splash on your clothes, into the return flow. Leave the filter running 24/7.

You'll probably have to add more, but you need to learn how to use the Pool Calculator so that you can determine how much bleach to add.

The key is keeping the FC at shock level, 35, until the algae is dead. YOu will know it's dead when the 35 holds overnight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.