Green Pool - nothing is working!

The CYA goes in a sock in front of a return and will take up to a week to fully register on a test. You should proceed as if it is in the water already.

Add Muriatic acid (or whatever you are using to reduce PH) and then test in 30 minutes to see if you are at 7.2 and then add the bleach.

Yep. That's it! You're off and running!

1. Stabilizer soaking in a sock now - no waiting. :)
2. Muriatic acid to lower PH to about 7.2 - wait 30 minutes with pump running
3. Start adding bleach immediately after done adjusting PH; sun will steal some, but always try to keep it at (or slightly above) FC of 10. Check often. :) "Maintain"!

- - - Updated - - -

Remember, you already added 2 lbs of stabilizer Sunday/Monday, so we consider your CYA at 20 even though it hasn't fully registered yet. You're only going to add another 16 oz to get to your ultimate goal of 30.

Hi, welcome to TFP! I have a question and something I want you to do first. Has all the CYA from the sock disolved into the pool? If so you should be able to get a reading on it now, although 2lbs is going to be about 10-20ppm of CYA in a pool your size. Go ahead and use 20ppm for your current CYA level in poolmath and see how much bleach you need to add to bring the pool to shock level. Add that much bleach and let the pump run for about 10-15 minutes and then test the FC again. If most of the FC is gone add bleach to shock level again and retest in 10-15 minutes. Continue to test and add bleach until it starts to hold. Report back and let us know what you see after the first test cycle.

HI! Man you Texas people are all over the place!

You are heading in the right direction to your pool becoming a jewel!

I have a couple of things for you to do so you and we can see the progress.

Please go out and take a pic of your pool looking down at the steps. You will want to take a pic a day at the same spot. This is very important so you will be able to see the changes. Your eyes will not be able to see each day BUT if you have the pics you will see it there!

Know that your pool did not turn green in two days so...........it will take some time (and bleach) to get it clear. it can be done! It is a process that needs attention to details.

The more you keep the FC at or just above SLAM level the faster your SLAM will do.

Try to test and add bleach at least 4 times a day. Do more if at all possible. Every hour to start would be great but........We know like happens LOL

HUGS! You can do this!

Kim

HI! Man you Texas people are all over the place!

You are heading in the right direction to your pool becoming a jewel!

I have a couple of things for you to do so you and we can see the progress.

Please go out and take a pic of your pool looking down at the steps. You will want to take a pic a day at the same spot. This is very important so you will be able to see the changes. Your eyes will not be able to see each day BUT if you have the pics you will see it there!

Know that your pool did not turn green in two days so...........it will take some time (and bleach) to get it clear. it can be done! It is a process that needs attention to details.

The more you keep the FC at or just above SLAM level the faster your SLAM will do.

Try to test and add bleach at least 4 times a day. Do more if at all possible. Every hour to start would be great but........We know like happens LOL

HUGS! You can do this!

Kim

Haha - *I'm* not from Texas- I'm a Jersey girl, but we're stationed here for a few years, so I guess I'm an honorary Texan lol. But I will do what you suggested and go grab a few pictures so I can track my (hopeful) progress!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.