Green Cloudy Pool

You know Chuck. all things considered, after the initial algae, then Green-to-Clear, then ammonia, you have done a great job on this water. The pics show a definite improvement. Your CYA has probably decreased slowly form the consistent backwashing and water replenishment. That's normal, and actually perfect for you right now. It allows you to keep FC slightly lower, and also gives you some wiggle-room to use pucks when you leave for a couple days. So yes, you can take the pool up a little over SLAM level before you leave, then use a couple pucks in your chlorinator or floater until you get back. As for the ladder, if you can't remove it, may see if you can disassemble the ladder steps? We've seen in the past ladder rungs that were full of muck - just pure thick algae nasty stuff. You would've never known it from outer appearances. You may see some examples on this site if you search dirty ladders or something like that. Other than that, keep-up the great work. Your water looks much better as time goes on.

Our pool is continuing to get clearer, even after being away for two days. I can now see the bottom when standing on the deck. I am going to test CYA and pH again tonight, now that water has been added, to see where that is at now.

Yeah, I will probably be closing the pool soon, but I feel much better now having it under control for next season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.