Green Algae's behavior at target FC and SLAM?

Those are seams in your liner. They, along with any wrinkles, are a catch all for debris. You could be seeing live algae, dead algae or, just plain dirt. When brushed with at pool brush, does it take some scrubbing to remove it or does it just wisk away like dust? If like dust, it is either dead algae or dirt. If it takes some scrubbing, it is live algae.

Those are seams in your liner. They, along with any wrinkles, are a catch all for debris. You could be seeing live algae, dead algae or, just plain dirt. When brushed with at pool brush, does it take some scrubbing to remove it or does it just wisk away like dust? If like dust, it is either dead algae or dirt. If it takes some scrubbing, it is live algae.

Dust. I assume it's dead algae. It is somewhat sporadic around the pool in random small spots.

What's funny is I have been brushing all the seams with my large pool brush. Maybe I should go into the pool and brush the seams with a small fine brush as Defgufman mentions to be sure.

It may be too fine to be captured by your filter. That happened to me. After a series of thunderstorms over filled my pool, I drained it by vacuuming the pool to waste instead of to the filter. That drained the excess water and flushed the debris out of the pool.

+1

If that pic is of the bottom of the pool, then I'd also suspect just dirt. I see that in happen in my liner pool all the time.

+1

If that pic is of the bottom of the pool, then I'd also suspect just dirt. I see that in happen in my liner pool all the time.

How often guys? Once a day, once every couple of days.

So today I got some goggles and inspected all the seams. Clean as it can possibly be. Whatever this is, it's not live algae, but I suppose it could be dead algae (it is dust particles, they disappear if you breath next to them).

Not gonna shock it today but see what my ONCT comes back again. It's currently sitting at 10. Water was beautiful to swim in.

And this morning my FC was 10 as well. So I had zero loss over night (we even had a short rain storm). CC was 0.5 but that seems reasonable (I see a few worms in my pool and a couple of leaves from last night's storm).

Of course I still see the "dust" growing/piling up (?) on my vinyl seams as well as other random spots. I guess I should continue to monitor (maybe this is perfectly normal for dust/pollen particles to not be filtered out by the DE and I just have to get used to using the Z5 every few days?).

Congrats on completing the SLAM. I definitely get some dust/debris in the bottom of my pool. Sometimes the pool vac gets it, or puts it into suspension in the water and the filter has another chance. Other times I turn the bottom drains up and brush to the drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.