Green Algae Dust wont quit

Apr 5, 2014
Huntsville Al
My pool needs to be brushed every three days to get rid of a light coating of algae dust on the pool floor and walls. My latest chem readings are Temp 85, fc 6, ph 7.5,TA 80, cya 60, Salt 3500. The new swg is set to maintain my FC at 6, and I am running the filter on low speed for 12 hrs a day. Lots of sun lately. I passed OCLT last week with little loss of chlorine. Any suggestions on the prevention of this algae constantly re-appearing? Otherwise, the water is clear.

Thanks

Follow the SLAM Process process to ensure all the algae in the pool is eradicated, then maintain FC according to the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

I would think that a 3/4 Whisperflo on low should still provide enough circulation to distribute the chlorine.

Are you sure it is algae?

Follow the SLAM Process process to ensure all the algae in the pool is eradicated, then maintain FC according to the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

I would think that a 3/4 Whisperflo on low should still provide enough circulation to distribute the chlorine.

Are you sure it is algae?

Yes - It's definitely a green cloud when I brush it off the pool floor. The chlorine has held steady at 6ppm since I dialed in the swg. So, I assume that the chlorine is well distributed. I also run the pump on high for about 3 hrs a day to skim the pool of leaves. Thanks for your response.

Yes - It's definitely a green cloud when I brush it off the pool floor. The chlorine has held steady at 6ppm since I dialed in the swg. So, I assume that the chlorine is well distributed. I also run the pump on high for about 3 hrs a day to skim the pool of leaves. Thanks for your response.

I know what you are talking about. I have the same problem. I assume it's dead algae. I usually try to vacuum it when it's on the floor. But it raises to the surface and creates a cloud. I'm still fighting.

Started SLAM two days ago. CYA 60, so I am keeping chlorine at 24ppm. I have been brushing twice a day and the green dust seems to be mostly gone. I'm running the pump 24/7. Seems to be improving a little each day
Do not neglect hiding spots -- inside and under ladders, behind lights, even inside the skimmer throat. A little algae lurking in there will quickly double, then double again and so on. Do you have a solar cover? Could it be hiding algae spores? How about any pool toys? Toss them in for a couple hours to decontaminate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.