Got my Taylor 2006-C first test

Re: Got my Taylor 2600-c first test

I can't get my FC above 15.5, I've put 5 gallons of 15% in in 2 hrs. CYA is 30, which I know is low.
PoolMath says I need 233oz of 8.25 to get it up, but I don't think it's going to work. When I first started PM said 2.5 gallons of 15% to get from 0-24ppm, did that checked an hr later and was only at 10.4. PM said another 2.5 gallons of 15% to get to 24, did that checked again and I'm just now at 15ppm.

Got my Taylor 2600-c first test

That means there is something organic consuming the FC.
Keep testing and dosing, after a while the FC will start to hold.

What is your CC reading?

Just checked again, FC was at 17.5 after adding 2 gallons 8.25% an hour ago. Only had 1 more gallon on hand so I added that. I haven't done the CC test to be honest, guess I should have. I'm going to need more powder and drops for the FC test at this rate, also for the CYA test. I'll test again in the morning and hit the store for more bleach.

Sent from my dumb apple products my work makes me use.

Last night at 10 pm I had 17.5 FC added last gallon of bleach, couldn't test again until 10 this morning and I have no FC. Just bought 7 more gallons, I'm spending a small fortune in bleach. So far I've put 8 gallons in. My CYA seems to be nothing , I cloud see the black dot all the way at 30. I'm adding 6.5 lbs of stability to get that going and adding 623oz of 8.25 to get to 24ppm. I'll hit the store again after work and pick up 10 more gallons.

Guess I'm the only one reading my post. :confused:

Last night at 10 pm I had 17.5 FC added last gallon of bleach, couldn't test again until 10 this morning and I have no FC. Just bought 7 more gallons, I'm spending a small fortune in bleach. So far I've put 8 gallons in. My CYA seems to be nothing , I cloud see the black dot all the way at 30. I'm adding 6.5 lbs of stability to get that going and adding 623oz of 8.25 to get to 24ppm. I'll hit the store again after work and pick up 10 more gallons.

Guess I'm the only one reading my post. :confused:

I suggest you add only about 3 lbs of the stabilizer for now. You probably have at least 20 CYA, but the test can't read that low. Also, the test is +/- 15 in accuracy.

Next time you test FC, test CC also and post results for us.

The only time you might want to do an acid or base demand test is when you are trying to figure out how much of a chemical to add to change the PH. Even then I mostly use PoolMath instead of doing the test. Still, the acid/base demand tests can be more precise for figuring chemical amounts for large PH changes.

I suggest you add only about 3 lbs of the stabilizer for now. You probably have at least 20 CYA, but the test can't read that low. Also, the test is +/- 15 in accuracy.

Next time you test FC, test CC also and post results for us.

Well according to poolmath I needed to add nearly 6 lbs even at 20, so I figured since it's suppose to rain tonight the other half lb wouldn't matter. Does everything else I'm doing seem right? Thanks

Solid stabilizer products can take several days to a week to register on a test. As long as you added at least enough to add 20 ppm, you should be good to get through the SLAM. I wouldn't add any more until the SLAM is complete. Increasing CYA will increase required FC to achieve shock level.

Remember, the SLAM is going to take as long as it takes. There is no way to predict how long it will take. A week or more to maintain FC at shock level is not unusual. It would be nice if you could take pictures of step area and post daily so we can see your progress.

Solid stabilizer products can take several days to a week to register on a test. As long as you added at least enough to add 20 ppm, you should be good to get through the SLAM. I wouldn't add any more until the SLAM is complete. Increasing CYA will increase required FC to achieve shock level.

Remember, the SLAM is going to take as long as it takes. There is no way to predict how long it will take. A week or more to maintain FC at shock level is not unusual. It would be nice if you could take pictures of step area and post daily so we can see your progress.
I'll take a picture, but it's a ton better this afternoon compared to yesterday.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
New numbers as of 4:30 CT
FC 11.5
CC .5
pH 7.1
CYA 70
TA 150

PoolMath says I need to add 324oz of 8.25, add 38oz of soda ash to get pH to 7.3, but my TA is high so I'm not really sure.
e8yba5at.jpg
4y4apupa.jpg

Please advise.

PoolMath says I need to add 324oz of 8.25, add 38oz of soda ash to get pH to 7.3, but my TA is high so I'm not really sure.
We recommend Borax to raise pH. It has very little effect on TA.

You should wait until FC is <10 to get an accurate test result on pH.

- - - Updated - - -

......and then leave pH alone until you are done with the SLAM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.