Got my kit...first readings

They didn't test CH....and swear that even if I used them for maintenance, it's not what they measure.

They check FC, PH, CYA, and TA. So, if I were to hire them, and it did scale, it would be their issue. I'm not inclined to do that but I've got to figure out why I am getting different TA readings from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should measure.. proves that a key component to maintenance and longevity isnt one their agenda... "he'll be back when he needs to replaster"... UGH!!!!!!

TA-
25ml sample
2 drops r 0007
5 drops r 0008
Swirl
r0009 drop wise until color changes from green to red...?
Multiply by 10

Im willing to bet they call it good when it turns from green to gray.. Technically it is a color change but that could skew the results in a major way.. That could be a 6 drop shift

I am at a loss here. I cannot get the CH under control...or even close. My FC reads 5.5, CC "maybe" a .5 at the highest. I am still testing TA at 120 (when I was reading 120, my pool builder was reading 80). My PH is still a little high, so I have added the proper amount of acid to get that under control. Tonight I have seen a dozen or so white flakes in the pool. I am not sure what they are. I managed to fish one out with my net, but I cannot figure out where to test it at.

White flakes are most likely calcium scale. Put it on a plate and put a little muriatic acid on it and it should fizz and dissolve.

What are you doing to get CH under control? Draining around 40-50% of the pool would be good enough to lower CH. CH below 700 or 800 is easier to manage and it would continue to drop with rain and splash out.

It is very important to keep your CSI negative, -0.3 to 0, at all times to avoid scale. TA needs to be down around 60 or 70. Adding acid to lower PH will slowly lower TA or you can do this, Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

More on scale here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know this is a thorn but I would contact PB and tell him this is a problem. Since he is the "professional" he says he is, he needs to give "advice" on how to handle this. Im pretty sure he isn't going to trust anything we say at TFP so I would search google and see if you can find others who have tried the MA dissolve trick just so you can have multiple sources saying this is scaling. Back him into a corner and make him remedy this especially if he isn't testing for CH... which he should be. Maybe call in another "pro" for a 2nd opinion as well...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.