Got complacent--now paying the price

Update--drained the pool halfway and refilled. I have no idea what my CYA is since I ran out and am waiting on my reorder (expect today). Finished this before going to bed & left the filter on. Got up yesterday, pool still green. Checked the PH again and it was 8.2!!! Poured in correct amt of Muriatic Acid according to Pool Calc. Within 30 minutes, pool went from green to white (Yahoo-finally!!). Continually running pump 24/7 and added DE per Pool School instructions.... I am on my way to a clear, sparking pool once again....Lesson learned!!

rickyjanet said:
Update--drained the pool halfway and refilled. I have no idea what my CYA is since I ran out and am waiting on my reorder (expect today). Finished this before going to bed & left the filter on. Got up yesterday, pool still green. Checked the PH again and it was 8.2!!! Poured in correct amt of Muriatic Acid according to Pool Calc. Within 30 minutes, pool went from green to white (Yahoo-finally!!). Continually running pump 24/7 and added DE per Pool School instructions.... I am on my way to a clear, sparking pool once again....Lesson learned!!

odd... MA made it go white? Can anyone shed light on this? Is it just coincidence or is there something else here?

The pH was wicked high - what is the pH now?

Checked the PH before going to bed--7.2 TC--22
Pool water still a bit hazy...can barely make out bottom step; however, more filtering should handle that (however long that will take) As soon as I get my new CYA agents in, I will retest and see what my reading is (should be interesting)

Latest results:
CYA--30
TC--19
PH--6.8

Chlorine already way above shock level (12). Pool is still a bit hazy. Stirred it up and will continue filtering 24/7. Not sure whether to fool with the PH (raise it or just leave it for now). What do you think?

I think I would leave the PH alone for now. With your chlorine that high your not going to have a good number to base any corrections on anyway.
From what I can tell in your posts it seems like your measurements have been all over the place. I would make sure you pass your overnight chlorine loss test and then let the FC come down gradually before tackling another problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.