Toronto, ON
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
The Sonoff THR320D is a smart switch that can control a load up to 20A and which also has a Dry Contact relay. I have flashed this with Tasmota and I am using this device as a smart switch to remotely turn my pump on and off and to control the heater via the dry contact relay connected to my heater's fireman's switch. Tasmota is third party firmware that gives you more control over the device. With the stock firmware I don't think that you can control the dry contact relay separately.

It is very impressive for a ~$25 device. It also has an external temperature probe - but the one sold is only about 3 feet long. I want to make a longer probe to put in my water to use this as a pool temperature probe. That would allow me more flexibility around heater automation, like only running the heater on weekends.

1715020137951.png

Reactions: Poolbreh
The Sonoff switches are very popular for DIY automation.

I have used a few difference wifi smart switches and use them to control a contactor. This way the smart switch only sees the small load to open and close the contactor and the contactor are sized to handle the motor loads. Also most Wifi switches store the schedules in them locally so even if the wifi or internet is down the schedules are still followed. I have had good luck with Leviton switches. WEMO and TP-link the wifi would drop out more and were slower to respond to remote control as well.