Goldline Pro Logic board problem...help please

Aug 16, 2015
Milton, GA
Hello everyone!

The issue I’m having is the result of a lightning strike. I lost a few TV’s and stereo receivers, and now it looks like the pool control board is shot. Once the unit is powered on, it immediately gives me a No Cell Power 1 message. The amps between the yellow wires and the red/black connections fall within the standard range. The orange connections (the salt chlorinator), however, only show a few amps.

Question, is there any way to repair the board? I looked at the back of the board and there aren’t any burned solder joints. I’m hopeful that there’s a relay or switch that might be able to be swapped out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

When you say amps, do you mean volts?

What reading do you get?

Do you have a picture of the front and back of the board?

Did you check the fuses?

How old is the Prologic?

Hammer,

Sorry about the lightning strike, glad nobody got hurt. Lightning strikes are extremely difficult to repair. Parts that still function can be weakened so they fail when you fix the failed components. Can you please add more details on the brand and model number? I'll see if any of our experts can help. @Jimrahbe @bmoreswim

Good luck!

Chris

Not at all sure about your specific board, but in general, lightning strikes often take out the IC chips.. You will normally see the tops of the chips turn a little brown and sometimes there will be a small pin hole. In really bad cases, it can blow the top of the chips right off. But, as Chris points out, lightning strikes often comprise other chips that many appear to be working now, but will soon fail.

In this case, I would tend to answer JamesW's questions and then follow his advice..

Sorry,

Jim R.

When you say amps, do you mean volts?

What reading do you get?

Do you have a picture of the front and back of the board?

Did you check the fuses?

How old is the Prologic?
Yes...sorry, I did mean volts. I get 23.4 volts across the yellow connects but only 0.3 volts across the orange. I’m going to try and attach the pics.

I also tested the black and red (upper right hand corner of the board) and got 0.0 volts.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• D191EE09-2A26-45B5-BC4E-F17A5B8719E5.jpeg
    D191EE09-2A26-45B5-BC4E-F17A5B8719E5.jpeg
    490.5 KB · Views: 9
  • BB8876DF-44D9-4FEC-889B-C52972C5F2FA.jpeg
    BB8876DF-44D9-4FEC-889B-C52972C5F2FA.jpeg
    536 KB · Views: 9
  • 57189AC6-92A6-4A3D-808F-6337A0265AB3.jpeg
    57189AC6-92A6-4A3D-808F-6337A0265AB3.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 10
  • F6AF8233-7251-4C6C-B7E2-AD5C63456FD7.jpeg
    F6AF8233-7251-4C6C-B7E2-AD5C63456FD7.jpeg
    397.5 KB · Views: 7

Not at all sure about your specific board, but in general, lightning strikes often take out the IC chips.. You will normally see the tops of the chips turn a little brown and sometimes there will be a small pin hole. In really bad cases, it can blow the top of the chips right off. But, as Chris points out, lightning strikes often comprise other chips that many appear to be working now, but will soon fail.

In this case, I would tend to answer JamesW's questions and then follow his advice..

Sorry,

Jim R.
Roger that. Understood and thanks for the guidance!

Hammer,

Sorry about the lightning strike, glad nobody got hurt. Lightning strikes are extremely difficult to repair. Parts that still function can be weakened so they fail when you fix the failed components. Can you please add more details on the brand and model number? I'll see if any of our experts can help. @Jimrahbe @bmoreswim

Good luck!

Chris
Chris-

Roger that! I’ll get the specifics. I know it is a Goldline Aqua Logic, Prologic...but will retrieve the model number shortly. Again, thanks for your guidance.

Replace the 20 amp yellow fuse.

If that doesn't work. Try touching up the big solder points on the back of the board.

Some solder points look suspicious. Sometimes the solder breaks away from the leg sticking through the board and you have a post with no solder connecting the leg to the board.

This can be difficult to see. Look at the solder points very closely.

Replace the 20 amp yellow fuse.

If that doesn't work. Try touching up the big solder points on the back of the board.

Some solder points look suspicious. Sometimes the solder breaks away from the leg sticking through the board and you have a post with no solder connecting the leg to the board.

This can be difficult to see. Look at the solder points very closely.
Roger that and thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.