Going to start the conversion this Sunday

Sorry that I missed yesterday's update all...

Today's pool Report:
Yesterday, my pool actually had a FC residual 24 hours after the last addition of bleach! Granted, it was only .5 ppm, but the entire day was sunny and hot and I only added the socks full of stabilizer two days ago!

CCs this morning were at .5ppm with .5ppm overnight FC loss.

Total bleach used: 134.5 jugs (191 gallons). I'm going to continue counting bleach used until my pool passes the CC < .5 ppm for two days before finalizing the bleach total...

Question regarding the stabilizer: On Tuesday morning I added two socks (one to each skimmer) with 2 lbs of stabilizer in each. (2/3rds the amount recommended by the pool calculator). As of this morning, the socks were pretty close to empty. It's only been 2.5 days but everything I've read here says that it takes about a week for the stuff to dissolve. I'm not showing any CYA (or the level is too low to be measured by the test kit) in my pool yet, but I did have a small residual FC after a day of full sun. My pH hasn't dropped either. I'm assuming that the CYA is now sitting in my filter and will finish disolving in there over the next few days?

Yes, there is some CYA in the filter and some has dissolved. 4 lbs in 20,500 gallons will only raise CYA to 23, which is right near the lower end of the tests ability to measure. Your current CYA level is probably around 10, which would be enough to still have some chlorine, though not very much, at the end of a sunny day, and will still read as zero on the test.

Pool report: 7:30pm, approximately 13.5 days into conversion.

FC: 2 ppm after 12 hours of full sun. Less than 1 ppm overnight FC loss.
CC: < .5 ppm (The test was the faintest pink and one drop completely cleared it.) two days in a row.
pH: 7.5
TA: 110 ppm
CH: 220 ppm
CYA: < 20 ppm but I've still got about 4 days until everything dissolves. Target is 35 ppm.
Borate: between 30 and 50 ppm (via test strip)
Salt: 1070 ppm (via test strip)
CSI: -0.11

At this time, I belive that the conversion is done. :cheers:

Final bleach tally: 137.5 bottles of 6% bleach (195.25 gallons).

I would like to offer my sincerest thanks to everyone for your guidance and encouragement!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.