Meraux, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
So, I'm heading out of town and RAIN is forecast (chances) for the next 10 days (southeast Louisiana). We have had a bit of a rare drought for the last several weeks but the summer rain is about to kick in (daily rain that just pops up).
If my pool fills beyond the skimmer, will the pump/filter be compromised, as they are scheduled to be "on/running" each day? Meaning, will any damage come to the equipment if it cannot operate like it wants to? Or, is my only true concern the pool chemistry and filtering, etc.?
I appreciate your help. I am a new pool owner (about 4 weeks or so). TFPs wisdom warriors have come through for me in the past and I'm hoping they'll do the same again!!
Happy 4th!!

Do you have an overfill drain in your pool?
Since you'll be gone, will anyone be checking on it?? If not, i would turn your SWG up a skosh to help cover things and if at all possible put a cover on the pool.

Maddie :flower:

I assume you have no overflow port???

The equipment should not be damaged. The equipment does not know if the water level is too high.

I'd only be worried about where the overflow water will go??

Thanks,

Jim R.

I assume you have no overflow port???

The equipment should not be damaged. The equipment does not know if the water level is too high.

I'd only be worried about where the overflow water will go??

Thanks,

Jim R.
Correct, no overflow port hooked up from the skimmer.
I assumed that the equipment would just sit idle while in the "ON" state. Just wanted to make sure nothing was gonna burn up while I'm away.

Best buy yourself a sump pump to have on hand. Very odd to not have an overflow in a fiberglass pool in Louisiana.

Not sure what that means??? Are you not planning on having your pump running while you are away??

Thanks,

Jim R.
Oh, I absolutely plan to continue running the pump while away. I meant that if the equipment was "on" but couldn't pump and cycle water, then it would just be sitting idle in the "on" position. Just didn't want it damaged if too much water is present. I keep picturing something (like a ceiling fan, for instance) trying to turn but it can't because something is preventing it from turning and therefore burning its motor up. I'm not even sure that that would happen to a ceiling fan, just a random example.
Thanks folks!
Silly, probably, but

Just didn't want it damaged if too much water is present
No such trouble will happen. You'll lose skimming if the water level is too high. You might flood the deck / etc if it gets high enough. But the equipment won't know and will chug along doing its thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.