God help me lol

Ugh slam slam slam been slamming for close to 2 weeks running pump 24 hours a day and have become very acquainted with brushing and vacuuming religiously... hoping I can pass a oclt soon, the pool looks amazing just can't keep fc stable

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I'd rather have the sun than the 3 inches of rain I got last night, ended up have to drain some water from the pool at 1am lol mother nature really hates me lately, but I agree as u cannot trust the pool stores for an accurate cya reading lol

This should be a no brainer question but is figure I'd ask when doing an oclt test should the filter run all night or should it be off with the loss of 1ppm overnight, water is clean enough to drink it lol but I'm losing more than 1ppm overnight with the filter going, testing 4 times a day cya is at 30 and adding some throughout the day to keep fc at 12 thank u in advance

Yes the pump/filter should be running.

Check for hidden algae in the skimmers, stairs and behind the light.

Don't forget to brush daily.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'll do it, but um the whole light thing worries me a bit this pool is older and I'm unsure that if I remove it will it go back proper and to boot I have no idea the procedure how to do it (first pool lol) do u have to drain the pool to remove the light or would it be safe to open that bad boy under water lol

There is usually a screw at the top that holds the light in place. Remove it and you should be able to pull the light and set it on the pool deck.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Once the screw is out, gently lift the light housing up. There is a lip on the bottom that holds it in place and you just pull up enough to clear that. Don't get too close to the light with your face. Youay have some nasty gunk back there!

Forgot to agree that you might want a higher CYA after the SLAM is complete but for doing a SLAM, 30ppm is a great number to be at.

There isn't much to pulling and replacing the light. In a lot of cases you can do it laying on the apron and just reaching over the edge and in.

How to - - > Google

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.