Glass medium used in Hayward sand filter

Ksmc38

Jun 24, 2023
Iowa
Hello,
I just emptied my filter out due to murky film on top of my pool water and poor pump/filter operations. I watched a YouTube video which advised to put water into the bottom of the filter, then pour in glass medium, then added water filling up most of the tank, allowing about 5 inches below the top of the filter tube. When I placed the top back on ad tried to backwash, water pushed the top unit off. I am wondering if I put too much water into the filter and if I should drain some out to reduce the pressure? If anyone can advise, please do! Thank you VERY MUCH!!

Hello,
I just emptied my filter out due to murky film on top of my pool water and poor pump/filter operations. I watched a YouTube video which advised to put water into the bottom of the filter, then pour in glass medium, then added water filling up most of the tank, allowing about 5 inches below the top of the filter tube. When I placed the top back on ad tried to backwash, water pushed the top unit off. I am wondering if I put too much water into the filter and if I should drain some out to reduce the pressure? If anyone can advise, please do! Thank you VERY MUCH!!
If it pushed the valve off it wasn't clamped properly.

Reactions: Bperry
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.