Glacier Chiller Automation

pcool69

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 18, 2014
Magnolia TX
I installed a Glacier Chiller, Max-E-Therm heater and a Pentair EasyTouch last fall. So far so good!

I’m looking to add temperature automation to the chiller. I have it on a schedule to run at night with the pump but it is either on or off. I would like it to run based on water temperature.

Anybody got any ideas?

Pentair automation does not support schedules based on temperature.

It is being discussed in this thread...

Last edited:
Thats the way I have it setup now. I'm still trying to dial in runtime versus temperature and humidity. The last few nights in Houston have been cool for this time of year and my pool temperature is down to 80.

80 during the day! WOW that is good this time of year. I am at 88+ during the day. A few weeks ago when temps and humidity where a tad over 95 the water temp hit 90+. The evenings have been great these last few days for Houston area this time of year :)

It’s definitely working but it’s hot and the pool is warmer than it should be. This is my first summer with the chiller and I’m still figuring out how long to run it.

I just added 5 more hours of runtime just now and will see what that does. On at 19:00 and off at 11:00.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It’s definitely working but it’s hot and the pool is warmer than it should be. This is my first summer with the chiller and I’m still figuring out how long to run it.

I just added 5 more hours of runtime just now and will see what that does. On at 19:00 and off at 11:00.
I just installed a glacier chiller in the last week. To me it's not cooling as much as it should. Any suggestions? I ran it last night from 12am -12pm. Then do you also run the filter pump during the day?

I just installed a glacier chiller in the last week. To me it's not cooling as much as it should. Any suggestions? I ran it last night from 12am -12pm. Then do you also run the filter pump during the day?
I try to avoid the hottest part of the day. My current schedule is 18:00 (sun is off the pool) to 10:00. I still run one homemade sprinkler head on a return to assist the chiller.

I read the glacier folks are local, which surprised me honestly. Our humidity seems like it would be a good argument against evaporative cooling. My kids love 90 degree water though, so for now I'm leaving well enough alone ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.