GFCI Plug

Hi. I have an Intex 18' pool with a cartridge filter pump. It has a GFCI olug on the power cord and plugs into a GFCI outlet on the side of the house, and is covered. It runs fine in the continuous run mode. But when I change the pump switch to the timer side, it will run for 2 hours or whatever, then it shuts off. But, after 2 hours of being off, it never kicks back on to run for the next 2 hours. I ran an extension cord from a regular outlet to the pump cord, thinking maybe it was a problem with tbe GFCI cord going into a GFCI outlet but same problem. It used to work fine in the timer mode. Is my problem in the GFCI plug or in the timer itself? And, is it fixable.....or worth fixing? Note that I am not an electrician. :) Thanks.

My first Intex pump had a timer that went bad. Slightly different symptoms, but it was definitely the timer. It quit working on 4 hours, then 6, then 8, then 12, and eventually all together. It would work (24 hours a day), but not on the timer.

Does the pump turn on 24 hours later after the first cycle? In timmer mode its over a 24 hour period so the pump will run for 2 hours shut off then turn on again about the same time the next day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.