Getting quotes in Peoria AZ, new build

Titan7

LifeTime Supporter
May 9, 2015
Peoria, AZ
So I moved a couple months ago from So. CA, put in a pool there back in 2016. Looking to do it again here.

So things I learned, it’s not cheaper here, lol. First quote was $86k for a relatively basic pool, surface area about 430 sf. No spa, 3-5ft 30x 12. With a 9x7 Baja shelf. much higher than back in 2016 in SoCA.

Questions
1. Q-360 in floor cleaning system and returns vs vac line and regular returns? $3600
2. Pure Blue Ozone system $1500
3. Heat pump vs heater, $7300

Of course limited access Means small equipment and $4400 more.

I was just gonna do pentair equip, with automation, SWG, cartridge filter.

thoughts on the items 1-3. They sell the heat pump for its ab to cool the water to like 85, otherwise it’s gonna be a big spa.

the fire pit and BBQ island and travertine decking are already here.

Attachments

• Piequet Family Pool 06 2023_003.jpeg
    Piequet Family Pool 06 2023_003.jpeg
    569.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Piequet Family Pool 06 2023_002.jpeg
    Piequet Family Pool 06 2023_002.jpeg
    626.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Piequet Family Pool 06 2023_001.jpeg
    Piequet Family Pool 06 2023_001.jpeg
    619.6 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: IceBox
Pure Blue Ozone system $1500

So, you have been a member of TFP since 2015 and you think having an Ozone system is ok??? :scratch:
Certainly not needed if you get a SWCG, which is really the only way to go, in my opinion.

I am not a fan of In Floor Cleaning Systems (IFCS) in general, but we have several member who are. If you get one, make sure you have the ability to turn it off or on as wanted. Some IFCS are plumbed in such a way that you have to use it just for normal pool sanitization.

A heat pump is like have an second air conditioning system on your house, cost wise.. Seems like a chiller would work well in AZ.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I know ozone was not a good thing in 2015, but times and technology changes, I have not kept up.

Well not sure a heater would get used much here, just thought the chiller option of the heat pump made sense?

So I moved a couple months ago from So. CA, put in a pool there back in 2016. Looking to do it again here.

So things I learned, it’s not cheaper here, lol. First quote was $86k for a relatively basic pool, surface area about 430 sf. No spa, 3-5ft 30x 12. With a 9x7 Baja shelf. much higher than back in 2016 in SoCA.

Questions
1. Q-360 in floor cleaning system and returns vs vac line and regular returns? $3600
2. Pure Blue Ozone system $1500
3. Heat pump vs heater, $7300

Of course limited access Means small equipment and $4400 more.

I was just gonna do pentair equip, with automation, SWG, cartridge filter.

thoughts on the items 1-3. They sell the heat pump for its ab to cool the water to like 85, otherwise it’s gonna be a big spa.

the fire pit and BBQ island and travertine decking are already here.
Good Luck with your build. I am right here in N. Peoria, AZ if you need sub info, just let me know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.