Getting Phosphate Buildup on Pool Wall

honeyland

May 8, 2023
North Carolina
Hello all,
I have a large tile wall above my pool where the jacuzzi spills into the pool. The tile is 4in cobalt shiny blue. There is a buildup of phosphates and other minerals on many of the tiles. Every year I scrape what I can off and use a chemical like CLR. However, the wall is vertical and so the chemicals do not stay on the tile long enough to have the CLR soak in. They just run down into the pool. I have even tried to us a dremel with a wire brush attached to no avail. Any ideas?

Probably best if you could post a pic or two of the stuff you are seeing on the tiles. I would also recommend posting a full set of water test results so we can evaluate the water's propensity to accumulate certain items (i.e. algae, scale, etc).

Also at some point be sure to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. Include your test kit as well. See my signature as an example. If you're on a phone, you may have to turn it sideways to landscape to see what I mean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.