postscripto

Sep 5, 2023
Phelan CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello, I wanted to share some tips if you are having the gear slipping issue. I read a few posts here about it and didn't find the right solution for my case so I took a deeper look and noticed that the main wheel gear that drives the robot was VERY worn out. I was looking for the gears with teeth but those were ok. Its the inside of the wheel and the white plastic part that fits into the robot that were the problem.

The solution: TIRE ROTATION!

Yep just like in cars... I switched the bad wheel with the passive one on the other side and also switched the white protector and the tracks. It worked like a charm.
Now this is just a temp fix since I'm sure it will eventually need new gears once they rub off again but at least it worked.
When performing the out of water test I could see that the main motor side was slipping when reversing and I could see that the tracks felt a bit lose. I could probably replace the tracks and fix the issue but at least I can use these for a bit longer before I do. I will also need to replace the actual wheel gear as well. See images attached.

Hope this helps!

PXL_20240209_210450212.jpg PXL_20240209_210422847.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.