Gas heater recommendation?

Gas co will be able to tell you what your system pressure is.
Typical pressure is 5-7" wc
1" pipe at 50' would handle 177k btus

Is the length from the gas meter in the lamp post to the pool heater? IF so it is about 80' away. I called the gas company and they said 7 wc. So the only wat to get a 250but is to increase it the line to 1 1/4"? Is that internal dimension?

Will this heater work? In the instructions it say 90ft. at 1" pipe. If I'm only using this for gas at the time and not the furnace will it be ok? Where is the cheapest I can get this?
Raypak Digital Natural Gas Pool Heater 200k BTU Electronic Ignition P-R206A-EN-C 009216 P-M206A-EN-C 009962
Raypak Natural Gas Pool Heater 200K BTU | 009962

While even a stovetop kettle will eventually heat your pool, it's far from a good solution. You can get a 200K BTU but for your size pool it will take much longer to increase temperature and isn't especially efficient. Your pool needs a 400K BTU heater but will probably be fine with a 336K. 200K is just a bad idea.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Will this heater work? In the instructions it say 90ft. at 1" pipe. If I'm only using this for gas at the time and not the furnace will it be ok? Where is the cheapest I can get this?
Raypak Digital Natural Gas Pool Heater 200k BTU Electronic Ignition P-R206A-EN-C 009216 P-M206A-EN-C 009962
Raypak Natural Gas Pool Heater 200K BTU | 009962

Have you had the gas company out to tell you what everything is that you have as far as pressure goes? Raypak's are more forgiving on many things including gas line size.

Do you have a heater now as it sounds like you do. Or do you just have a gas line with nothing attached to it?

My heater gas line spec was 1.25" as well (400k btu - 75') but my gas guy said they would run a high pressure line to the heater and use another regulator at the heater. This allowed him to get away with a 3/4" line. I guess all this depends on what your service pressure is before the meter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.