Gap below auto cover lid

mcc1058

Oct 25, 2023
Hello,

Please see the attached picture. The Coverstart auto cover lid is screwed into 2 3/8 inch pavers. The patio has a 3% grade due to construction issues. As a result, the lid is slightly bowed in the middle. When the pool is closed, as in the picture, there is a large gap. Are there any innovative ideas to reduce this gap? I am considering screwing a 2 1/2-inch blue rubber strip or plexiglass onto the lip of the lid. Are there any other ideas? Thank you.

pool cover.jpg

Reactions: mcba2020
Welcome to TFP.

Can you highlight on your pic the area of concern? It is difficult to see what you are asking about on the pic.

Looks like your brackets need adjusting. I don’t have coverstar, so don’t know your brackets, but here’s how I did mine:
Figure out what bracket adjustment you want on one bracket. With the lids removed, Stretch a piece of string across the span of your pool just above the brackets (anchor the string by putting something heavy on each end). Adjust each bracket so that the distance between the string and the bracket are the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.