"Fuse link field" error displayed on Jandy LRZ heater

jpater01

In The Industry
Jun 8, 2022
Windsor Ontario
I had fuse link field message on my lcd disply on Jandy LRZ heater. I tested rollout link for continuity and replaced it. Then heater fired up for several minutes then died again. (no blockage inside as I vacuumed out previous). I replaced control board and fuse link and still get "fuse link field" message. Please advise?
James Paterson

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like the rollout is doing it’s job. You most likely have flames coming out the front and the vacuuming didn’t do the job. Maybe soot in the exchanger or ventilation problem, poor or weak blower.

thanks for reply, but flames and not "rolling out". Somehow I think that "fuse link field" message could be false read msg.
I made jumper out of paper clip and put on rollout link and heater fires up (I promptly turned it off to avoid doing any damage heat wise or to electronics.) So, it follows that wires are sound with continuity. Please advise?
James Paterson

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can test the high limits but I don’t think that’s the problem. Did you get 24vac after fuse link loop? It’s weird it would work with a jumper byt not the fusible links and the fusible links check out. I would use a rust inhibitor on connections and verify 24vac across

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.