Full width Stairs - How Many

cuppa

Aug 31, 2016
Duxbury, MA
Hello, We are currently under construction on an 18 X 36 pool with full width stairs and the PB put in 3 Stairs that take up a total of 4' of the shallow end. What do most builders do. I did not think of it initially but now I think that (4 ) 1' steps would be a better use of the same foot print. Is there a reason they did the bigger steps. It never came up in question, but now that I look at it it is very steep. Thoughts?

Hello, We are currently under construction on an 18 X 36 pool with full width stairs and the PB put in 3 Stairs that take up a total of 4' of the shallow end. What do most builders do. I did not think of it initially but now I think that (4 ) 1' steps would be a better use of the same foot print. Is there a reason they did the bigger steps. It never came up in question, but now that I look at it it is very steep. Thoughts?

We built a 18' x 38' rectangle with 3 full width steps 12" x 12". They did seem pretty steep but once the pool was completed and full of water they are just fine.

I had this same concern, and insited on more. Very glad I did for the kids and older folks. They take up mre room unfortunately and theres no getting around that. My other main concern was how far down it was to the first one. This is really important. It makes in and out considerably more difficult if too deep.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.