Frog Log

tlevy

Jun 3, 2015
Ottawa/Ontario
Maybe it is just a coincidence, but as soon as I dropped a frog log on the side of the pool, dead critters were no longer found in the pool. In one week prior to purchasing,'I had multiple dead frogs, several mice and a chipmunk!! Aside from dropping a jug of bleach each time I found a mouse, I just didn't like killing all these critters!

Well since then I dropped this frog log/ladder into the pool and my mortality numbers dropped off...

Coincidence?

18000 IG, SWG, 1/2 HP Tri Star + Solar PV direct DC Lorentz pump, Sand filtrt

Re: Frog log

Agree. That's been my experience. My pool has been filled for 2 years. To my knowledge, I've only had an issue with baby frogs, but neighbors have reported small snakes and mice. I had my pool about 2 weeks and found some dead small frogs. I put 2 frog logs in (each right before the skimmers - circulation wise) and not a single dead frog again. Then this spring, I forgot to reset the frog logs after cleaning, and the next day I had 2 dead frogs - so sad.

That could be considered circumstantial, but it's good enough for me.
Suz

Re: Frog log

Nope I have exactly the same experience. New owner here and at the start I had at least one dead frog per night! Found the Frog Log and since then (a few months) I’ve only had one dead in the skimmer.

I’ve actually come out in the morning and found the little buggers swimming around and sunning on the steps...when I get near they swim straight for the Frog Log and hide underneath it like it’s a Lilly pad in a pond. Not too long after they are gone.

Been actually very comical, tempted to setup a camera to watch the little stinkers and make a YouTube comedy clip out of it.

Cheers

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.