Frisco, TX Start Up complete 10/26/16 *updated with pics*

Re: New Frisco, TX Pool Build (updated with video/pics)

Dig is done for the day. Tomorrow is Rebar.

They started at 9am today, took a break from about Noon to 1pm, then finished about 4pm. So about 6 hrs in total.

So glad you are underway!
There was no way to prepare me for the yard destruction. It is driving me batty. I go out every evening and water down the sidewalk and street because I hate the dirt everywhere so much and because I feel like my neighbor already hates me. We are getting gunite in the morning but I really am already more looking forward to decking day than gunite day because I just want this dirt GONE!

So glad you are underway!
There was no way to prepare me for the yard destruction. It is driving me batty. I go out every evening and water down the sidewalk and street because I hate the dirt everywhere so much and because I feel like my neighbor already hates me. We are getting gunite in the morning but I really am already more looking forward to decking day than gunite day because I just want this dirt GONE!

LOL I just walked in from spraying the sidewalks and yard!

:D

So thats what they did to my pool too. Nice pictures. They didn't really tell me what they were doing to the pool, but I believe they shoot sulfuric acid into the ground.

So steel, inspection, plumbing, then gunite?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

So thats what they did to my pool too. Nice pictures. They didn't really tell me what they were doing to the pool, but I believe they shoot sulfuric acid into the ground.

So steel, inspection, plumbing, then gunite?

yes, that's the schedule.

I guess that water will absorb by tomorrow? No idea!

They didn't do that to ours. What is the soil injection for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulled from a website, but it's very common here in DFW when digging pools or laying railroad lines, construction, etc.

See:

[h=1]SOIL INJECTION[/h][h=3]WHAT IS CHEMICAL INJECTION / SOIL INJECTION FOUNDATION REPAIR?[/h]Soil Injection uses non-toxic, water soluble chemicals (potassium ions and ammonium salts) that are injected into the ground under your building. These chemicals inhibit soil’s ability to absorb water so that when it rains your soils do not swell up.

[h=3]WHEN IS IT USED?[/h]Chemical injection / Soil injection is an appropriate remedy to use when upward movement has started to affect a small area under the foundation. It is best used when uplift is less than 1.5 inches and has not yet extended more than 10 feet towards the interior of the building. This does not remove the upheaval but stops the upheaval from increasing and/or spreading. By stopping the upheaval and leaving the slightly sloped foundation as is, owners can avoid more costly repair.

[h=3]HOW DOES IT WORK?[/h]Water sticks to almost anything including clay. This attraction causes clay soil to swell. The trick is to use a non swelling chemical to stick to the clay before water does. When an appropriate concentration of the right chemicals is injected into clay, the chemicals stick to the clay molecules and prevent the clays from absorbing water. Once in place, the chemicals stay attached to the clays. In a way by injecting the chemicals into the soil and “coating” the clay, you create a moisture barrier, stopping water from causing more foundation upheaval.

Good summary. I had to finally look that up recently as I got tired of being ignorant on the topic. And as pooldv notes with his pool, you can also opt to maintain constant soil moisture around the structure via drip irrigation, which also gives a viable solution as well, though one you have to actively participate in.

BTW - People pay good money to get water that color in their pool - and you got it for free!

They didn't do that to ours. What is the soil injection for?

It depends on where you live... "supposedly" a lot of north DFW has really cruddy soil. My PB was really high out of the gate so when I told him that he was so far away from "my budget that I can't even consider you as an option", he dropped to my budget and "threw in" soil injection and some other nice perks.

@bdrex28, thanks for posting the recap on soil injection. I would guess that water will be there tomorrow, but much less and they will still be able to do their work. Progress has got to feel good.

The progress is so fun to watch. When is you gunite?

I'm not sure honestly! LOL

I think the plan goes something like this:

Rebar today
Plumbing tomorrow
Inspection same day or next day which would be Friday? Unless they wait until Monday, depends on City.
Gunite based off inspection but anytime from Saturday to maybe Next Tuesday?

Just talked to Lightstreams today about our Glass Tile. It's set to ship out on the 5th of August, so it should work about perfect.

Freight transit is 3 days so should get here by the 9th of August at the latest.

Happy about that.

Steel looks good. Amazed at how much water got drained out of there overnight.

It's amazing how they can get dig>rebar>plumbing>inspection>gunite in as little as 5 days, yet they always quote a 3 month build time.

You will have fun when the plumbers come out. They take a propane tank and hook it up like a flamethrower to bend the piping.

Steel looks good. Amazed at how much water got drained out of there overnight.

It's amazing how they can get dig>rebar>plumbing>inspection>gunite in as little as 5 days, yet they always quote a 3 month build time.

You will have fun when the plumbers come out. They take a propane tank and hook it up like a flamethrower to bend the piping.

Our hold up, it sounds like, will be after gunite while they are scheduling the mason work and such. I knew that going in, but you're right in that it's hard to always understand those delays.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.