Jmg_moocows

May 17, 2021
Oxnard, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I recently started taking care of my own pool because I noticed our pool service testing #'s didn't make sense after becoming a TFP member. I have now been doing the TFP method for 2 months and all is good -Thanks!

I was talking to a friend and they indicated their pool service monthly costs were increasing once again...so I suggested TFP to her. She didn't have a test kit so I went to her house and tested for her ... these are her test #'s.

FC = 18
CC = 0
pH = 7.8
TA = 180
CH = 825
CYA > 100

The pool guy had recently come so maybe that's why her FC was 18.

My question is where would she start attacking the numerous issues in her pool?

Test the CYA again using the dilution method below. Partially draining and refilling the pool may be the required starting point based upon the CYA and the CH levels.

CYA > 90 dilution Test​

For CYA > 90ppm, repeat the test adjusting the procedure as follows:

1. Fill the mixing bottle to the lower mark with pool water.
  2. Continue filling the mixing bottle to the upper mark with tap water.
  3. Shake briefly to mix.
  4. Pour off half of the contents of the mixing bottle, so it is again filled to the lower mark.
  5. Continue the test normally from adding R-0013, but multiply the final result by two.

While there. See if she is up for a large water exchange/ drain - fill. It will be needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.