Freeze

bmwwt

Jan 15, 2024
Rockwall, TX
My pool system has an electronic sensor that engages the pump when the outside temperature drops to +/-38 deg. We are currently experiencing outside temperatures of +/-15 deg. The pump automatically engaged when the temp reached 38 deg and ran all night. This morning however I noticed air bubbles being discharged into the pool from the pump. I attempted to vent the air through the bleeder valve above the filter pod but after approximately 10 minutes air was still be vented. I checked the water level and it's good. I checked the two skimmers and removed a couple of leaves from each basket. I shut down the system and checked the screen in front of the pump on the suction side. The screen was clean. I checked the 'O' ring on the screen chamber cap and it appeared tto be good. I replaced the cap and turned the system back on. Tried bleeding the air 4 or 5 times about 5 to 6 min each time and wasn't able to remove all the air. However I turned the pump back on and there no bubbles being discharged into the pool but after about 30 minutes air bubbles were once again present in the discharged wqater into the pool.
I've bled air from the system several times the last 10 years and never had this problem.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Hard to tell why you are seeing the bubbles. Perhaps the cold is paying havoc with the pump pot o-ring and effecting it's seal against the lid. It should also be well lubed with pool silicone. As long as the pot remains primed and mostly full of water you should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.