Freeze protection for water feature

lowandslow

Mar 17, 2022
Austin, TX
We successfully survived lows down to 14 and water temps down to 35 degrees in central Texas this week. I just let the Pentair EasyTouch freeze protection do it's thing with one manual adjustment. I have a second pump that feeds the in-floor cleaning heads and a waterfall through a 3 port valve. Normally, this valve is positioned such that the in-floor heads are being fed, but if you enable the waterfall circuit the valve will swing the other way to feed the waterfall. Prior to the freeze I had to manually open the valve part way, and then set the switch to off to prevent it from being moved. This allowed the freeze protection to feed both the waterfall and the in-floor system simultaneously and seems to have done it's job protecting all the plumbing for those components.

My question is can anyone think of way to avoid having to manually open this valve part way? It's not that big of a deal, but would be nice if the automation system could handle this for me on the off chance a freeze snuck up on me while I was away from the house, etc...

Attachments

• IMG_4277.jpg
    IMG_4277.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Nope. Automation can only have two positions on the actuator.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.