Freeze Mode Catastrophe

Figured my problem out. It was self induced. Spa has the extra return that is intended to constantly supply water to spa when in pool mode (not a necessary return since easytouch has spillway mode). This return line had a check valve on it to prevent water from being sucked out of that return when in spa mode. Well I converted the check valve to an actuator valve bc I use spillway mode to chlorinate spa but still wanted to flush fresh water to this pipe daily. Seems like I need to install a check valve back to this return line for when freeze protection is needed. I’d then be able to set the actuator valve on this particular return line to open (only during the freezing temps) and it would top off the spa for the water that is lost by spa drain every time freeze mode switching from spa to pool.6940E5B5-9E2A-44E4-A337-6BB517679682.jpeg

Attachments

• 2035BB28-5A36-4C30-84CD-682A94BF1924.jpeg
    2035BB28-5A36-4C30-84CD-682A94BF1924.jpeg
    726.4 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: RedScare
Well, I made it through unscathed. Apipe froze in my kitchen, but since it is now PEX instead of copper, it did not break. Pool did fine. The waterfall pump had a little ice in the belly, but a few cups of hot water melted that and it cranked right up. It is now a balmy 40 degrees while I clean the leaves out.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.