NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
This is my first season with a pool and so far it's been surprisingly easy because of all the great information here! I've run into my first balancing issue that I I'm not sure how to handle. Pool was not vacuumed for about a week, just took care of that and it wasn't too bad. Water looks ever so slightly cloudy. I tested and free Chlorine is at 0, combined 1.5. Ph is 7.8, cya 50. I just added a pound of shock, turned off my swg. Is this enough to bring up my free Chlorine? I think I should add more but have a party this weekend and don't want it to be toooo chlorinated either. Thanks for any advice.

This is my first season with a pool and so far it's been surprisingly easy because of all the great information here! I've run into my first balancing issue that I I'm not sure how to handle. Pool was not vacuumed for about a week, just took care of that and it wasn't too bad. Water looks ever so slightly cloudy. I tested and free Chlorine is at 0, combined 1.5. Ph is 7.8, cya 50. I just added a pound of shock, turned off my swg. Is this enough to bring up my free Chlorine? I think I should add more but have a party this weekend and don't want it to be toooo chlorinated either. Thanks for any advice.
With CYA of 50ppm, you can safely swim in the pool with FC<=20ppm. So there’s almost no chance you could be over that if it’s zero now. If you really have 1.5ppm CC, you likely also have an algae party showing up in your backyard this weekend.

Reactions: Mdragger88
I'm really hoping that's not the case, but that's exactly why i was thinking of adding more shock. Trying to beat the algae before it really shows up. Think I'm going to add it since I guess it can't hurt!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.