Frame leveling for Intex Easy Install Pool? Please Advise!

JannS

Jun 17, 2017
Odi, IL
I recently purchased a 15' round by 4' deep Intex Easy Install Pool. I would like to build up a frame with railroad ties and fill it with dirt and a layer of sand on top rather than the expense of hiring an excavator. Can I get any advice on whether this would or would not work. Thank you in advance!

Straight from the Intex installation manual... "Do not set up the pool on mud, sand, soft or loose soil conditions."

I prepped a 15 foot diameter circle with sand, levelled and tamped because of an uneven ground for my Intex pool before it arrived and

plan to use cement blocks for the 14 uprights level with the tamped sand. Does anyone see a problem with this scenario?

i've had 2 intexs. never did sand or frames. if you have a slope and no other choice i guess you have to do a frame. But i would just advise you kill the grass with some roundup. rake and level the soil and buy a heavy duty tarp to use instead of the supplied tarp. you should be good to go.

I recently purchased a 15' round by 4' deep Intex Easy Install Pool. I would like to build up a frame with railroad ties and fill it with dirt and a layer of sand on top rather than the expense of hiring an excavator. Can I get any advice on whether this would or would not work. Thank you in advance!

Hi JannS, I just finished my 16' X 16' frame with pressure treated 4 X 4's and 2 X 4's and filled with approx. 3 yards of sand packed and tamped. I plan on putting the pool up later today. I am using the tarp that came with the pool and another 16' x 20' trimmed to fit that I ordered on line. I will post pic's when I'm finished.

Good luck,

Mike.

Did you drill holes vertically through those 4x4's and drive a piece of rebar through them and into the ground? I think that's why mine has held up so well. I think I put in 3 rebar per side, evenly spaced. It hasn't budged in 6 years.

Also, don't use the tarp to cover the sand. It's waterproof, and splashout and rainwater will pool up and get stagnant. Use landscaping fabric instead which will allow water to seep through and into the ground.

I learned this the hard way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you drill holes vertically through those 4x4's and drive a piece of rebar through them and into the ground? I think that's why mine has held up so well. I think I put in 3 rebar per side, evenly spaced. It hasn't budged in 6 years.

Good suggestion...as of now I have made 2 ft long steaks with some p.t. 2 x 4 scrap pounded into the earth just inside the edge and screwed to the 4 x 4's Once I screw down the 2 x 4 x 8's on top of the 4 x 4's I will rebar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.