Foreclosure Swamp

I've been very busy the past week or so and have not had much time at all to do measurements and a lot of extra things to my pool. But trying to get a list of pool things done this week. I put in an intellibrite spa and pool lite today. When I did the spa I drained it and snapped a few pics of the stains. I still haven't got around to performing the few test to identify the stain. But here's some better close up pics for you to see.

null_zps63e0a86b.jpg

null_zps5f7e87e5.jpg

null_zps61cd4ff2.jpg

null_zpse115d9ce.jpg

null_zpsaa28cfd5.jpg

What do your current test numbers look like? Since you had high CH at one point the mottling may be scale. Does it feel rough to the touch? You can manage the scale by keeping the CH at 250, pH around 7.2 and the TA around 70.

You may also acid wash to get rid of the scale, but it can shorten the life of the plaster.

And a few Iron spots too. It looks like something was left laying where those are. Hard to say, but it looks like it. Still though, I wouldn't let it ruing my day, that is one nice pool setup. Love it.

Ok have some exact measurments.

Widths
30' long
15' wide on either end
14' wide in center
Depths
8' deep end
6' center
4' shallow end
Steps are 7' long

Spa 8' wide by 3.5' deep. Seat is 16" wide at 2' deep(from waterline)

Water test
Ph 7.2
Cya 90
2 FC
Cc .5
TA 50
Ch 320

Great, thanks for the calculations. And yes as soon as I tested and saw the low numbers I went to pool calc and got my calculations for the bleach and added it. One question I do have is it seems like I am having to add a lot of bleach all the time? In the past few weeks due to high temps here in Texas I have been having to add a lot of water lately due to evaporation. So I'm assuming its partly that and the heat eating up the chlorine?

bmalouf said:
Great, thanks for the calculations. And yes as soon as I tested and saw the low numbers I went to pool calc and got my calculations for the bleach and added it. One question I do have is it seems like I am having to add a lot of bleach all the time? In the past few weeks due to high temps here in Texas I have been having to add a lot of water lately due to evaporation. So I'm assuming its partly that and the heat eating up the chlorine?

Organics and the sun eat up your chlorine. Loss to the sun is a percentage of the chlorine level. So with a CYA of 90 you need a higher FC level and lose more in absolute terms to the sun. I'm pretty sure I got that right. :-D

It would help if you could lower your CYA with a partial water change. That's going to give you problems long term.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, but water dilution and heat add up to chlorine loss in the summer as well. Chlorine is a consumable and has to be replenished. More often if you have high bather load too. Just remember, don't add anything else with CYA in it, and if you don't have a salt generator, I would bring that CYA down to 40-50 with drain and refill. CYA 90 requires a high FC level as already stated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.