DFW, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hello! I check equipment yesterday & noticed our SWGC says No flow even though pump is running, filter pressure level is normal, skimmer baskets are empty. I unplugged the sensor & plugged it back in with no change. Any ways to check if i need to replace the flow switch or if I have a bigger problem?

Some pics that might help. I appreciate any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_0925.jpeg
    IMG_0925.jpeg
    563.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0924.jpeg
    IMG_0924.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0919.jpeg
    IMG_0919.jpeg
    668.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0920.jpeg
    IMG_0920.jpeg
    641.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0921.jpeg
    IMG_0921.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0922.jpeg
    IMG_0922.jpeg
    329.7 KB · Views: 6
The flow of water hits this flapper and pushes it towards the black stalk, which makes the switch close.

Sometimes the metal tang breaks off.

Also, make sure that the flow switch arrow is correct.

1699215874013.png
1699215994214.png

Reactions: Newdude
With a multimeter you can check if the switch electrically opens and closes.

You can unscrew the flow switch from the T and examine it.

Thank you for the swift replies. I’m finally home during daylight to work on this. The flow switch is intact & is facing the correct way. We checked the SwGC & didn’t note any buildup (we also just cleaned it not long ago). So that would mean the switch is bad & we should order a replacement?

(I don’t have a multimeter or know what it is/how to use it so will have to skip that)

Last edited:
Thank you for the swift replies. I’m finally home during daylight to work on this. The flow switch is intact & is facing the correct way. We checked the SwGC & didn’t note any buildup (we also just cleaned it not long ago). So that would mean the switch is bad & we should order a replacement?

A multimeter will tell you if the switch is bad.

Also, why is the price range so wide in replacements? I see $30-$190! What am I suppose to get?

Low price are third party knockoffs.

High price should be Hayward parts.

If you don't mind dealing with lower quality parts failing more frequently then the third party knockoffs may save you money. It is hard to know what you are getting with low cost online ordering.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.