Floor Pop Up Not Going Down

rquinn

Mar 15, 2023
Phoenix AZ
My in floor cleaning pop up, one of the pop ups floats up when the filter is off. Works properly when the filter is on but just drifts up a little. The housing stays locked in the floor just the pop up floats up a little.
Anyone have a remedy for this?
New to the Forum.
Thank You

Try cleaning the cartridge in the distribution valve. I noticed one of mine was staying up and when I removed the lid there was some dirt in the cartridge.

This link can help you determine other steps based on the symptoms.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

My in floor cleaning pop up, one of the pop ups floats up when the filter is off. Works properly when the filter is on but just drifts up a little. The housing stays locked in the floor just the pop up floats up a little.
Anyone have a remedy for this?
New to the Forum.
Thank You

What manufacturer and model of infloor cleaning system?
Chances are that that popup is sticking and/or wearing out. You can remove the popup and attempt to clean it, then reinstall to check operation. Based on the manufacturer, you may need a special tool to remove the popup. Sometimes something as small as a single grain of sand or normal wear can stop a popup from fully retracting.

Please fill out your signature with pool, pool equipment (including manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info.
This assists us in providing help specific to your pool without having to ask each time.

Also, when you have a little time, look thru Pool Care Basics and Pool School

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.