Flex Tube replacements?

Craig

LifeTime Supporter
May 24, 2007
Staten Island NY
Good evening all!

I keep getting diatamaceous earth in the pool. The grids look fine but the flex tubes are questionable. I am attaching some photos of the tubes and have no idea why they look this bad. Once a season I hose them down (perhaps too much pressure), soak them in TFP and then muriatic acid. I never had this issue before. My question is, do these flex tubes look like the culprit?

I understand how to replace them but was hoping to troubleshoot prior to starting. Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Attachments

• Flex Tube 1.PNG
    Flex Tube 1.PNG
    126 KB · Views: 12
  • Flex Tube 2.PNG
    Flex Tube 2.PNG
    129.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Flex Tube 3.PNG
    Flex Tube 3.PNG
    126.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Flex Tube 4.PNG
    Flex Tube 4.PNG
    120.5 KB · Views: 11
Good evening all!

I keep getting diatamaceous earth in the pool. The grids look fine but the flex tubes are questionable. I am attaching some photos of the tubes and have no idea why they look this bad. Once a season I hose them down (perhaps too much pressure), soak them in TFP and then muriatic acid. I never had this issue before. My question is, do these flex tubes look like the culprit?

I understand how to replace them but was hoping to troubleshoot prior to starting. Thanks for any help anyone can give!
Grids? TSP? No reason to use acid if there is no calcium on the tubes.
Take a bit of PVC glue and daub it over those worn spots. It should seal any leaks.
Haven't seen a PerFlex filter in this area for over 30 years. They re usually use on ABG pools here if at all.
That's a 32.5 sq. ft. filter, very small.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.