mike.stocker

Jun 30, 2023
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Wasn’t sure where to put this but I have a couple of questions.

First, is there anything I can use to fill in these gaps between the coping and also the skimmer housing and the concrete deck? Some of the coping gaps are much wider than pictured here. I have noticed that debris such as leaves and pine needles can collect in these gaps and we have started having pest problems, namely concrete mites and springtails.

Which brings me to my next question, has anyone dealt with these two pests in particular and what did you do to control them around your pool? I read about Sevin dust so was thinking about putting some of that in the gaps and maybe their granules in the rock and shrub beds surrounding the pool. They’re pretty much everywhere though, patio, deck, and starting to see them up the side of our house. Waiting on the pest control company to come out and treat for them generally but if there’s anything I can do to keep the pool deck clear of them, obviously I’d like to do that as we are getting close to opening the pool. Also I have checked the chemical levels and everything looks good and I have the chlorine at shock levels.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_2242.jpeg
    IMG_2242.jpeg
    654.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2243.jpeg
    IMG_2243.jpeg
    605.8 KB · Views: 6
Wasn’t sure where to put this but I have a couple of questions.

First, is there anything I can use to fill in these gaps between the coping and also the skimmer housing and the concrete deck? Some of the coping gaps are much wider than pictured here. I have noticed that debris such as leaves and pine needles can collect in these gaps and we have started having pest problems, namely concrete mites and springtails.

Which brings me to my next question, has anyone dealt with these two pests in particular and what did you do to control them around your pool? I read about Sevin dust so was thinking about putting some of that in the gaps and maybe their granules in the rock and shrub beds surrounding the pool. They’re pretty much everywhere though, patio, deck, and starting to see them up the side of our house. Waiting on the pest control company to come out and treat for them generally but if there’s anything I can do to keep the pool deck clear of them, obviously I’d like to do that as we are getting close to opening the pool. Also I have checked the chemical levels and everything looks good and I have the chlorine at shock levels.

Thanks,
Mike
Clean the gap, then you could try this to seal the gap:

Or this:

Reactions: mike.stocker