Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
New to us pool, bought house last fall. Liner was replaced and pool was refilled as part of the purchase. Had a few weeks with the pool where a local pool guy took care of it and then winterized it. Here's my first test results today after circulating 30 mins w/ a K-2006c-Salt:
FC - 0
pH - 7.5
TA - 200
CH - 200
CYA - 0? (the dot never disappeared)
Salt - 200

I'm not particularly confident in the tests for TA & CH. Also, not sure how the CYA could be zero unless the pool guy didn't put any in?

Either way, should I add stabilizer and chlorine?

Thanks! Should I be concerned about the TA?
No, it will come down over time as you add Muriatic Acid to lower pH. Focus on managing pH by keeping it in the 7s. When it rises to 8, lower pH with muriatic. When you do, TA will also come down. Overtime your TA will come down.

Reactions: nrobfd_pl
No, it will come down over time as you add Muriatic Acid to lower pH. Focus on managing pH by keeping it in the 7s. When it rises to 8, lower pH with muriatic. When you do, TA will also come down. Overtime your TA will come down.
Waiting for it to warm up before I can start using my SWG. But I’ve been looking at the recommended levels for swg pools and see that the TA levels are supposed to be 60-80. Is it ok to start using the swg if my TA numbers are still high?

Waiting for it to warm up before I can start using my SWG. But I’ve been looking at the recommended levels for swg pools and see that the TA levels are supposed to be 60-80. Is it ok to start using the swg if my TA numbers are still high?
Yes. Focus on keeping pH in the 7s. Don't micro-manage pH. Let pH rise to 8, then reduce to 7.6 with muriatic. As you manage pH in this way, your TA will come down. Just manage pH. Good to go!!!

If you find muriatic additions are untenable (like lots of additions every day or so), then you can do this:

If acid additions are manageable, then just manage pH.

Test your fill water for TA and CH and post results.

It may take more than 30 minutes of circulating upon open to get the water mixed. Maybe do a baseline test again. Water additions from rain/snow over winter may take more time to mix.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.