first time test with TF-100

CYA test just takes practice. As was said above, test in bright sun light, turn away from sun and hold at waist level, looking down in. The great thing is you can pour the mixed solution back into the dropper and keep practicing till your confident in the reading. You don't need no stinking pool store, keep it up!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Water test tonight

PH 7.2
FC 5.0
TC 5.5
CC . 5
TA 120

So if I aerate tomorrow PH will come up to say 7.8.... If I add muric acid this will lower ph and TA right

When I tried to put figures in pool math it didn't say how much acid to add

And ph is fine at 7.2, it will probably come up on it's own with splashing and such. Test your chlorine every day, the ph every 3 or 4, and TA weekly. Those shouldn't change much if all you are doing is adding cl to keep that up where it should be, which will be a daily addition.

My ph will continue to drop

We only swim on weekends it is covered during the week

I tried with pool math.. Nothing is in muric acid it is zero

Water test tonight

PH 7.2
FC 5.0
TC 5.5
CC . 5
TA 120

So if I aerate tomorrow PH will come up to say 7.8.... If I add muric acid this will lower ph and TA right

When I tried to put figures in pool math it didn't say how much acid to add

That is because in PoolMath you have to use the pH values to lower TA. If you want to lower TA, lower pH to 7.0 then test the TA. Aerate to raise pH back up, then drop pH to 7.0 to lower TA again.

savy8ysu.jpg

Add 0 muric acid

I would like to lower TA using muric acid

savy8ysu.jpg

Add 0 muric acid

I would like to lower TA using muric acid
Why? :scratch:

It says in Pool School: "There are two reasons to lower your total alkalinity (TA) right away, because you want to slow down the rate that the PH rises, or if high TA is contributing to a high calcium saturation index (CSI) which puts you at risk of calcium scaling. You shouldn't lower TA just to reach a target number. Make sure you actually have one of the above issues before lowering your TA."

If you just aerate the pool the pH will climb without raising TA. Adding anything to raise pH will also raise TA. You'll end up doing the yo-yo with soda ash and acid. Right now it looks like your pH is fairly steady and in a good spot, so there's no reason at all to fuss with pH or TA. When the pH climbs to 7.8, add acid to lower it, and it will also lower TA a little.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.