First time Pool Owner

Can someone please post a picture of the chemical Cyanuric ACid that you guys used to raise the CYA level? My CYA level is at 0 right now.

Is there a certain brand name or stablizer product that is recommended to raise CYA level?

From what I read, the stabilizer is a powder product? Do I just dump the stabilizer into the pool or maybe into the skimmer, how do you guys do it?

91ab620ed045d3b7df237ad03fe4f74f.jpg
most any balancer should do, but I'm also a newbie to pool care so I wasn't being as specific in these other chemicals I had to put in other than liquid chlorine.

Use Pool Math to determine how much is needed to bring CYA up to 30.

Note: My 30 is from what is a good level for my chlorine vinyl inground pool, I'm being a little careless and even lazy with not looking up your pool, apologies, might want to check what normal levels are for your specific pool.

As far as how to get it into the pool:

Place the granules inside a long sock, then place them in front of the return jets to allow them to disperse. I even took it an additional step further (based on a recommendation from this wonderful forum!!) and went out and squeezed and kneaded the sock to help disperse the granules faster. Got about 5 lbs split between two socks into the pool after only about 20 mins.

You won't be able to have a good reading for about a week, so be patient.

You could also stick it in the skimmer to help disperse it, but in a sock I. Front of a jet generally helps disperse it better.

Goood luck!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.