First time Pool Owner Question

If i were you i would ask the landlord to purchase the test kit with speed stir. Show them this site and explain how you (and future tenants) would be able to maintain it far better than any pool service. If the landlord is local have them learn it with you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yeah crapatalk doesn't have sigs. So it was really just a high ph needs brought down. Looks like it could probably use some salt too, but doesn't look like it's in desperate need of salt. I guess high pH can cause cloudiness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pH alone will not cause cloudiness. Since your pool was not properly SLAMed, I would suspect algae in the water causing the cloudiness. Just because the FC looks fine now, if algae is still in the water it will continue to grow. The OCLT is a major criteria for knowing the algae is gone.

I took water too the pool store again this morning the store my landlord went to had the wrong pool size. So they said the pool needed more acid and 2 bags of salt and stabilizer. They had the right gallons. Those results were
Fc 5
Ph 7.9
TA 105
CH 250
CYA 40
Salt 2300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes the point ... is your TA 105 or 125? Is your CYA 40 or 60? Neither of those could have changed that much in a day. This is why we don't like pool store testing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.