First time pool owner, new pool, trouble maintaining PH

Trial and error. Make a small change, and see how thing stabilize over a few days. Then make another change if required.

As the sun become more intense, you may need to increase the output.

I agree with what jblizzle said. Slow changes with monitoring effect. Changing only one thing at a time helps too, either run time, RPM (for VS Pumps), or percentage. Sadly SWG is not exactly set and forget, though it does make pool maintenance a lot easier. As the summer cranks up and sun exposure changes, you will need to change the settings to keep up. After a few years, if you log changes, you will see patterns that will make it easier to maintain, though monitoring is still important.

Sometimes it is what it is. However, if you find the answer, I'm keen to apply it to my situation.

A year and a half post construction, I continue fight the constantly-rising pH bogeyman due, in (large?) part, to SWG-chlorinated water cascading from the raised spa into my pool. Even with my TA at 55 (or apparently somewhere between 50 and 60), my pH will rise from 7.3-ish to 8.0-ish every 3 or 4 days.

Sometimes it is what it is. However, if you find the answer, I'm keen to apply it to my situation.

A year and a half post construction, I continue fight the constantly-rising pH bogeyman due, in (large?) part, to SWG-chlorinated water cascading from the raised spa into my pool. Even with my TA at 55 (or apparently somewhere between 50 and 60), my pH will rise from 7.3-ish to 8.0-ish every 3 or 4 days.
I throttled back the amount of water going through my spa and it slowed down the pH rise quite a bit. Instead of blasting across the spillway 2" deep, the water is under 1/2" deep and it doesn't hit the pool with as much velocity. And it's still ample circulation; no algae ever.

I throttled back the amount of water going through my spa and it slowed down the pH rise quite a bit. Instead of blasting across the spillway 2" deep, the water is under 1/2" deep and it doesn't hit the pool with as much velocity. And it's still ample circulation; no algae ever.

That's the first adjustment I made when the pool was new; the water only trickles over it now. However, the little water that does fall hits several rocks on the way down. I'm out of ideas....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.