First Time Pool Build

mrrr0809

Jun 22, 2023
PA
Hi all! I’ve read through several forum topics on here over the years and am thrilled that we’ll finally be able to have our own pool by this time next year. We’ve found a contractor that is very kind and has a great reputation from friends that have used him.

Known specs for build are below:
-22x44 irregular/oval style pool (800sq ft)
-Depth: 3-8ft
-Jandy variable pump
-Hayward 48sq ft DE filter
-Hayward AQR Saltwater system
-Polaris 380 cleaner
-Raypak heater
-(3) Colorlogic lights
- (2) skimmers, (2) bottom drains, and (4) returns
-Quartz vs PebbleTec finish with tile band
-Jandy RS8 AquaLink System
-Raised spa with spillway, 2HP blower, and 8 jets
-90sq ft tanning ledge with (2) bubblers
-(3) laminar deck jets

Anything I should be considering or readdressing? Anything that can be added to minimize upkeep and maintenance?

Last edited:
Dedicated over-flow line
Auto fill
Umbrella sleeve on tanning ledge
1” tile outlining the tanning ledge and possibly the steps in pool and spa
Shallow depth at 3’ ?
Open spa spillway or covered ?
Thank you for the suggestions! I’ll look into the top two as I’m not familiar with them. Shallow end of pool will be 3’- do you recommend a different depth? Spillway is planned as open on the spa.

After observing our kids swimming in a pool on vacation, it seems they spent most of their time in the 4’ section of water. Since we’re going to have. A Baja shelf that real youngsters can play on, we’re going to have our pool depth changed from 4’ to 9’. Additionally, we’re going to change to a robotic cleaner.

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming!

Reactions: .ben
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.