NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
This is my 5th year with TFP but the first that I’ve opened green due to our cover blowing off mid-winter. Pool is now cloudy blue and these are my test results. I’m not sure how to proceed. Do I add CYA first, SLAM? TA? I’ve got the salt in to get the SWG working. Thanks!
IMG_5505.png

I would lower PH to bottom of recommended level then slam adding cya will only make the slam chlorine level higher and add salt so can run swcg at max.

Have a read, or a refresher read

SLAM Process

As said above, lower the PH to 7.2 and then the only level you care about is maintaining 12FC at all times. (For 30 CYA)

2 to 3 hour testing / adding is best so do the best you can.

Brush and vac daily. Clean the filter at 25% increase in psi.

You got this.

I did refresh but wasn’t sure bc my pool isn’t green and CC 0.5. So pH first. SWG is going, can I SLAM with that since it’s only 12? I’m guessing the TA will adjust on its own? Thanks!

wasn’t sure bc my pool isn’t green and CC 0.5.
Please ask anytime about *anything*. It's literally why we're here.

But yeah. Cloudy water and/or visible algae is not clear water and is an instant fail. You don't need to fail multiple criteria. Slam on.

SWG is going, can I SLAM with that since it’s only 12?
For most slams, the swg can't keep up until the very end. By then you need it off for the OCLT anyway. It also makes it much harder to track what's going on for progress purposes. We recommend having an old fashioned fist fight.
I’m guessing the TA will adjust on its own?
You'll have the pump running for a week+ (lots of aeration) so it's possible. You can adjust it some now if you'd like. The salt can be added at anytime as well. We just don't reccomend doing too much at once.

I wouldn't worry about TA until slam is complete you will need to add baking soda but not critical now you are not that low. I would have pump run 24hrs/day and set swcg to 100% and add enough liquid chlorine to get you above 12ppm check level 2-3 times a day and add LC as needed. Clean filter as needed brush and vacuum daily I Don't think should take long since temps are still low.

Thank you both, hopefully it’ll be crystal clear soon, only 63 degrees but had to go ahead and open bc it was a swamp!

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.