First Time, checking my figures

Ok, this is the latest.
Last night, I got home, FC was 8. Wanted to bring it up to 16 to shock, at 9:00 PM it was 22.5 w/ .5 CC.
This morning, it's 18.5 w/ 0 CC. Still above shock level.

What do you think?

Oh, and the water is crystal clear.

First thing is that it looks like your overshooting on your chem addition. While right now it's not a bad thing you'll most likely want to adjust the gallons you're putting into the PC (pool calc) so the additions come closer to real world.

Second is to start looking for algae hiding places try and think of any place it could be hiding. Brush good and regularly.

I do need to vacuum the pool out again.
What about sand filter cleaner? The previous owner left some.

I'll see if I can vacuum tonight. And brush. I did brush once, but I can do it again. And try scrubbing in the skimmer.

Also, I had the solar cover on yesterday. I have it reeled up now, but I'm wondering if that effected the numbers.

Well, I'm settling in for the long haul. If it takes a week, it takes a week.

The pool is beautiful. Vacuumed yesterday, but had to rush. :(
Was at ? 12 ? when I got home from work w/ 0 CC. :) (I forget the actual FC number.) I had left a 3" puck in the skimmer during the day. I didn't buy these pucks, and my CYA is lower so I use it to maintain FC during the day. My CYA was 35-40. Vacuumed, took out the puck, and brought to shock level. (16, tho I probably only needed to go to 14.) That was 6:30PM. At 10:00PM FC said 16.5, w/ 0 CC.

This AM it was 13 FC, and I'd have to guess less than .5 CC. It was a little pink for the CC test, barely. So 1 drop cleared it right up.

So, a drop of 3.5. I think yesterdays drop was even more than I originally figured... we're moving in the right direction.

I can already see I need to vacuum again. But it must be very fine stuff. I backwashed twice yesterday, but the PSI barely went about the 8 it normally is. Still, backwashing showed stuff in the filter viewer, so I figured, get it out. Plus, my water's a little high.

Question: Should I vacuum the sides of the pool? Or just brush the sides? I figured vacuuming wouldn't hurt, but would be hard/time consuming. Is it worth it?

Water looks crystal clear, feels soft, and is 78-82 degrees. :-D Hard to stay out.

I brush the walls and vacuum the floor. When you brush the walls, any debris will fall to the bottom, so no need to vacuum the walls.

Sand filters are better at catching very fine debris when they are somewhat dirty, rather than just backwashed.

Hmmm... interesting. Did not know that. Ok, thanks.

On a side note, I'm thinking about next year, installing an extra suction port, just for vacuuming. I'm not a fan of the skimmer vac attachment. Also, I want to get an automatic vacuum. But I have a ledge around the edge of the pool that is 3' down, then it slopes to 4' deep.

So, last night, 9:30 PM, FC 19.5.
This PM, 5:30 AM, FC 19.

So, that means I have to add... wait, what?!?!?! :shock:
Only .5 drop!!! :shock:

[attachment=2:65jrvm58]PIC_0310.jpg[/attachment:65jrvm58]

[attachment=1:65jrvm58]PIC_0311.jpg[/attachment:65jrvm58]

And just to give you an idea of where I started when the pool cover dumped into the pool:
[attachment=0:65jrvm58]PIC_0297.jpg[/attachment:65jrvm58]

I had less than .5 CC this AM. (It just ever so slightly had a pink hue after the 5 drops.)

I'm going to have to buy some more reagents, but phew, I did it!!!

Attachments

• PIC_0310.jpg
    PIC_0310.jpg
    319.2 KB · Views: 34
  • PIC_0311.jpg
    PIC_0311.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 34
  • PIC_0297.jpg
    PIC_0297.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 34

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, I swam a couple times today. This morning,the temp was 76. I didn't care, the water was beautiful.

Tonight, after doing some yard work, and the solar cover being on all day, the temp was 82, and the water was still beautiful!!!

Still going strong. Added my first chlorine since Saturday. (FC was 2 this morning, Wednesday.)
With the solar cover on all day yesterday, the water was 82 degrees today, so I just had to swim, even tho the air was only 62.

Ordered my first set of refills, but these should last me a while. (Needed R013, R870 and R871.)

Thanks again for all the patient help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.