First TFT-100 test results

JasonLion said:
You need to bring the PH down. You never want the PH above 8.0, and preferably not above 7.8.

On the CH test, you are looking for a color change to anything in the blue family, even a very faint blue, as long as it stays the same when you add another drop. As long as the color continues changing, you keep adding drops. The final drop, which does not change the color further does not get counted.

Ok, that truly helps, thanks. On the other tests, when it says to look for a color, it's always very clear when the results come (cannot mistake it for anything else), but for the CH, I have to squint my eyes to look for any blueness (because it's mostly clear).

For now, you need to disregard CH issues and re-test your pH. I see nothing in your posts to indicate it should've jumped from 7.6 to 8.2.....that's not good.

Test again and bring it down into the low 7's if it is still 8.2....sooner rather than later.

This is FAR more important than your CH which can be ignored and sorted out in the weeks to come but your pH needs to be down around 7-2 - 7.4 and kept there.

Report back what your next pH test reveals.

I would also trust your testing f-a-a-a-r more than the pool stores but you seem a little inconsistent. Keep practicing and forget that CH just for now. :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.